Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sad.


It's been a while since I posted. I've been in a funk for the past month and just haven't had much happiness in my heart to post anything. It's a sad story and I'm not emotionally ready to post what happened yet, but the short version - my sweet pitbull, Ali (Ah-Lee) of 9 years passed away a month ago. I've been a wreck without him. He was more than a pet to me and I'm taking his loss hard. He was my partner, my furry soul-mate...so my heart is hurting without him. When I'm ready I want to post some really great stories of him, of us and just express how much he meant to me. For now though, I'm just not ready. Animals leave paw prints on our hearts and when they leave they can leave such an empty space in our hearts..
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened"
I hope to get back into some posts soon...in spite of the sad news in our household we've also had some good news lately =)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So sorry to hear about your dog. We lost our beloved Cory 3 years ago and my son still talks about him and misses him. They really do become part of the family! About a year a go we got another dog and she has really brought us a lot happiness.

Enjoying this beautiful life we've created said...

Thank you so much for your kind words...I really do appreciate it =) My son talks about him everyday still. We got two new puppies recently, a black lab & a chocolate one and they keep him very occupied and happy! They keep me busy, but they'll never replace my Ali. Anyways, I stumbled upon your blog yesterday and loved it!! I love the pic's of your weekly outfits! You've inspired me to be a little more creative with my belts and scarves...I need to get out of a clothing rut that I'm in right now! lol. Take care!