Friday, June 17, 2011

Stay at home Mommy!

Before I met my Husband, I was very independent.  I was working a full-time job, most of the time a part-time job as well, I was taking a college class or two on top of that and I was living on my own, in a tiny little studio apartment with my sweet pitbull (RIP my Ali) and paying my own bills.  At times I felt completely overwhelmed and scared!  It felt great though.  I moved out at 18 and was holding my own!  I also remember thinking "when I have kids one day, I'm going to be a working Mom because staying at home all day with kids would drive me nuts".  I can't believe I once thought that!!!  Everything changed when I had my son.  Of course, there are still moments where he really does drive me nuts BUT I'd rather him drive me nuts than have him drive someone else nuts..I want to enjoy every single moment with him while I can.  Before I know it, my little man is going to in school, independent in too many ways and I'm gonna look back and miss these days home with him.  I truly enjoy being home with him.  I love that he wakes up when he wants every morning.  He see's my face every morning, we eat breakfast together and I watch him learn, play, pretend and turn into a little man that I'll be sending to Kindergarten in just 2 years =( 

One of the many things I enjoy of being at home with him is the simple joy of feeding my son a good breakfast everyday and being able to sit and eat with him.  It makes me happy when I know his little tummy is filled with good, healthy food and he is starting his day off right.  When I was a kid my Mom always got up with me in the morning and made me good breakfasts while I was getting ready.  I always loved that and I'll be happy to do that when my kids are in school one day. 

I feel so blessed to have a wonderful Husband who works so hard to provide for our family so I'm able to stay home with our kids.  This time goes by all to quickly and I'm fortunate to be able to not miss a minute of it.  I still want to go to school to finish a degree and have a career one day, but for now this is where my heart is. This is what life is about to me and school and a career is secondary.  I'll always have a chance to go back to school...I'll never have the chance to make my kids little again and stay home with them!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I totally agree. It just wasn't an option for us. They do grow up very fast though! Before you know it they are telling you all kinds of things and you think "how do you know that"? LOL

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

so sweet! It's the simple things. :)

Brandi said...

Such a sweet post. So glad you shared this.