Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm horrible at this!

So I've definitely decided that I suck at blogging. I started my blog a few months back and I've only posted 3 things and I still have no idea how to navigate around here! I'm going to make a better effort in keeping on here though =)

Since I was last on here, I've started going back to school full-time to work towards my nursing degree. It's been a little hard taking Dennis to daycare since I've been home with him since day 1, but we're both adjusting now. I miss being home with him all day. School is great though. My grades have been great and I've met some really nice girls!! It's nice to meet some good friends becase good friends can be hard to find when you're in an unfamiliar town. We've been doing our clinicals in the nursing home. While it's been a little challenging I've met some really sweet elderly people. Being them makes me realize that I never wanna get old!!!! I've also realized that I will NEVER put a loved one in a nursing home! The good thing is though, that I've realized that I really enjoy taking care of people and feeling like I'm making a difference, even if it just a little thing like making a resident smile or feel comfortable.

Dennis is away in Jump School in GA for 3 weeks. At the end of the 3 weeks he'll be jumping out of an airplane! I think his job is to do anything that will cause me to worry about him and to miss him! I'm happy he's doing something that he's always wanted to do, but I miss him sooo much!! I love the military and I'm so proud of him, but having my partner away from me so often is the downfall =( Like always though, the moment he gets home and walks in the front door we'll pick up where we left off and it'll feel like he never left! So even though the whole seperation thing sucks, it always manages to make us closer than we already are.

So since I last posted pictures of our little man, he's a few months older, walking around much better (he can even run now!) and he's had 3 haircuts! He's got so much hair and it grows SO fast! Watch us have a girl next, and she'll be bald, lol. One of his favorite things to do is pull all of the spices out of the spice drawer in the kitchen. He does it several times throughout the day. I'm constantly putting them away. It's so funny, I'll find the garlic salt under the couch, the parsley under my bed, the cinnamon in his bedroom and the chives in the bathroom. There are random spices all over my house. Some of them have been lost. I've bought garlic powder TWICE in the past 2 months and once again I can't find it! LOL. He's a little love-bug like his parents. He loves to give kisses. He leans in really slow with his mouth wide open for them. It's adorable! Everytime I check on him while he's sleeping he is always, without fail, holding one of his stuffed animals so tightly. He loves to play at the park, he barks when he see's dogs on our walks, he loooves playing with the other little boy, Kade at daycare (which is my friend Rebecca's son), he loves fruit and loooves dill pickles which I think is so funny. He likes to torment our dog Ali, by taking away his bones (while he's chewing on them), hitting him with his toys, and chasing him around. Ali is a great furry-big brother. He's very patient with him. Dennis loves bath time still and has a new found love of having his teeth brushed! It's so hard to believe he is already going to be 15 months in just a week. Where has the time gone?? Well that's enough of updates for now...I'll leave you with some pictures though. And by the way, I'm going to turn this into a "family blog" and use it more of a source to keep up with family.







No comments: