Thursday, January 20, 2011

Food!

One thing I looove to do is EAT & cook too =) Since I love to cook, I'm going to add more to my blog about cooking, recipes and food/drink ideas! One thing I've been eating alot of lately (for lunch) is personal pizza's! I've been addicted to one lately topped with alfredo sauce, a little ricotta cheese, sliced tomatoes, fresh garlic, mozerella cheese, cooked chicken, a little extra virgin olive oil and oregano! It's sooooo yummy! I was out of ricotta and didn't have chicken ready so I made up a new one today! It was pretty darn YUMMY!

I started off by preheating my oven to 425 and assembled my pizza on these yummy little flat breads. They're good for sandwhiches too!

For the sauce I used this pesto...soooo flavorful!

Then I tossed on some spinach....gotta make it healthy =)

Then I sliced one garlic clove and a few slices off of a fresh tomato...


...layered it all on the pizza, added cheese, drizzled with EVOO and sprinkled on some oregano and baked til the cheese was golden! Seriously...this pizza was so yummy and not too fattening either! My son even ate 2 pieces of it!


For my drink...I was craving an iced coffee, so I made one with my AWESOME Keurig coffee maker! My Hubby got me this for xmas and I am beyond impressed with it. I get an EXCELLENT cup of coffee every morning!!! I used the Green Mountain, Nantucket blend, Medium roast K-cup and filled my cup with ice...


Once it was done I filled a shaker with ice and the amount of creamer I like..I used Coffee mate's French Vanilla! I gave it a good shake and poured it over a glass of ice!



It made a perfect glass of Vanilla Iced Coffee and hit the spot for me!





No comments: