Friday, January 14, 2011

So today was a productive day! I am NOT a morning person but I set my alarm for 6:45 to wake up, get showered, read the paper and drink a cup of coffee before my little tornado woke up. Once he got up and I fed him we were off to get groceries. I spent way too much but we have a fully stocked fridge and pantry. Something is so gratifying about being well stocked with food! After a little playtime at home and some lunch we checked out a couple of antique shops just down the road from me that I've been curious about since we moved here a couple of months ago. So happy I went! I picked up a few great things and I soooo wanna go back to get a few more things! I got a solid teal stool, an awesome pale yellow vase, a vintage floral apron and a blue mason jar..I looove mason jars! They're cute empty, with flowers in them, filled with seashells and sharks teeth I've found on the beach, cotton balls in the bathroom...I just love them <3>

For now the stool is just sitting in the livingroom til I find the right spot for it or until I find a chair to go with it =) I filled the jar with seashells and sharks teeth...I have tons! I love walking the beaches here in NC. Isn't the vase gorgeous??? I looove it & the best part, it was on $12! What a steal! Our bedroom is pretty much a blank canvas right now. White walls and no furniture! YIKES! (we just moved in 2 months ago!) My plan is to paint the walls a pretty antique gray and I found a pretty quilt from Marshalls with a pale yellow in it. I'll have to post pic's once I start the room. Anyways, here is the vase against a sham from the quilt.


Oh, and Dennis wanted bubbles for the bath at the store today. He's never had a real bubble bath, so he asked for a bath this afternoon because he was so excited for the bubbles! He loved it!

No comments: